Monday, March 24, 2014

Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas


This pan of enchiladas has 4 ingredients (plus cilantro for garnish) and can be assembled and in the oven in 1o minutes if you buy a rotisserie chicken. There are some nights when you just don't want to fuss in the kitchen. 
I mostly didn't want to stand up, be it in the kitchen or anywhere. I took my first pure barre class this morning and my thighs are still shaking. When I entered the Roanoke studio, I saw a tank top that said "embrace the shake" and was a little confused. If you've taken the class, you too understand this shake they are proclaiming. I comforted my sore legs with these creamy delicious enchiladas, and am heading to bed exhausted! 
Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
from Kevin and Amanda


1 (16 oz) jar Salsa Verde
2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
3 cups (12 oz) cooked, chopped chicken - I used a rotisserie chicken
8 medium (soft taco size) flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon a thin layer of salsa verde into the bottom of the dish. 


Combine chicken, 1 cup salsa verde, and 1 cup cheese in a bowl. Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture down the middle of a tortilla. Fold sides over and place seam side down in prepared baking dish. It’s okay if they overlap a bit. 

Top with remaining salsa and 1 cup shredded cheese. Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes until bubbly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment