Sunday, March 9, 2014

saying hello to my 30's!

I think the craziest thing about turning thirty is the realization that time is flying by so fast, the days turn into years turn into decades and suddenly you are ten years older! 

For me, this has been a wake up call to live each day fully, love my family and friends, and travel, see, do, and live 100% in the moment. 
The silver lining of turning thirty is the feeling of being comfortable in your own skin, the knowledge of who you are, what you believe, and what you like. What an absolute JOY. 

I've come up with a list (I love lists!) of the things I want to highlight in this new chapter of my life.


Keep trying new things and keep learning.


Enjoy every possible moment with family and friends.

Get rid of clutter and live simply. 

Stay healthy and active. 

Wear lipstick every day.

Find joy in the little things.

Spend more time in the real world and less time in the iWorld.



In the blogosphere, I have found a few amazing women that have inspired me so very much, bringing me new recipes, photography tips, and insight into living a beautiful life.

Kelle Hampton - enjoying the small things

Not only is Kelle raising incredibly creative children, her photography is just stunning. She is teaching me to stop taking pictures of people smiling at the camera, and instead capture them doing something they love. 

Janet - the gardener's cottage

Janet is serious about living a simple yet beautiful life. She is the queen of no clutter, spending less, and living more. Her cottage is stunning and only houses things that she absolutely loves or uses regularly.

Ree - the pioneer woman

Living on an enormous cattle ranch, Ree is raising a beautiful family, cooking the kind of recipes dreams are made of, and not skimping on butter.  When I'm looking for a holiday or special occasion meal, she never disappoints.

Kalyn - kalyn's kitchen

My go to site for healthy low-glycemic index meals that taste amazing and are also high in nutrients and low in calories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment