Monday, March 25, 2013

a million thanks





Tonight, my mom's best friends put on a bridal shower that was fit for Downton Abbey. The evening began when Mom and I walked into her friend's kitchen and met our personal chef for the evening (Mary Katherine Wyeth out of Greenville, SC), 
who would teach us all how to make fresh ravioli stuffed with lemon ricotta filling, farro with swiss chard, chicken taquitos, and real pie crust for apple tart. The wine glasses were filled and we put on our aprons and had an absolute ball. I was handed the special white bride-to-be apron! 

Before dessert was ready, the girls showed me into the living room where I found this beautiful table fit for a Pottery Barn catalogue. The dinnerware is from the Pearl Collection at Sur La Table, and is absolutely stunning in real life. The flower centerpiece was gorgeous and full to the brim with lovely blossoms. There were wine glasses and candles and linens and napkin rings and my mom's framed artwork and homemade macaroons and a bottle of cabernet sauvignon. I am so very blessed to have such wonderful women in my life, who truly rolled out the red carpet for me tonight. I am going to sleep with a big smile on my face. 

The Pearl Collection from Sur La Table

No comments:

Post a Comment