Sunday, March 10, 2013

the BEST sangria



The drinking of sangria is an event, like watching the Oscars or going to a movie. It implies that you have plenty to share, and plan on putting your feet up for a few hours. I learned from a sangria connoisseur (Elisabeth) who gave me permission to share her famous recipe. It's the only one you will ever need to know.



My great friend Sue surprised me on my birthday with a travel pitcher of Elisabeth's sangria. She is the Queen of giving the best gifts! I always look forward to opening her presents, and believe me I will be giving away a pitcher of two of sangria this year and making a lot of ladies very happy! I can only begin to describe the JOY I felt this morning after opening the fridge and seeing a tissue wrapped pitcher of my favorite beverage, marinated to perfection and ready for our Sunday Funday. 



Sangria
from Elisabeth Powell

1 large botte red wine (we like Yellow Tail big bold red)
1/2 cup brandy
1/2 cup triple sec
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup sugar
chopped fruit (lemon, lime, orange, green apple)

* Variations *
can change around fruit combinations - try peaches/pears, or the classic above.
can add 2 cups carbonated water OR 2 cups diet 7up for fizz
can add 1/2 cup peach schnapps for summer flavor

Directions:

Mix together top ingredients (everything except the optional fizzy water/7up) and allow to rest overnight in refrigerator, 8 to 12 hours. Optional - add fizzy water/7up right before serving. Serve in glasses over ice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment