Saturday, March 9, 2013

on turning 29.


If you know me,  you know that I am always hurrying to do something. Hurrying to Starbucks before the gym, hurrying to make lunch in the morning before I am late for work, hurrying to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for dinner, hurrying to do a lot of little things that don't really matter. On a glorious run today, I realized that in my constant state of "what's next" I forget to show gratitude for all the amazing things that I have; I forget to enjoy the small beauties every day brings; I forget to actually enjoy the daily pleasures of this ephemeral life.

This year, I am going to marry my darling boy. The boy I have been dating since I was 24 years old. This year, I am going to take time to express gratitude for all of my blessings. This year, I am going to slow down and appreciate the beauty of a patio herb garden, of hearing a particular song at the perfect time, of having a conversation with a stranger, of spending my time deliberately but not in a hurried fashion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment