Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Favorites

I've been snowed in for 48 hours, and entertaining myself with various cleaning projects, pantry meals, and a great book (The Aviator's Wife). My snowcation ends tonight, though I wanted to share a few of my highlights from the week! 

 1 - Downton Abbey - season 4 



I just finished episode 2 and am cheering on Lady Mary as she overcomes the grief of losing her husband and loving Lady Edith's fashionable new wardrobe and hairstyle! 

 2 - THIS pasta (Aglio Et Olio) 

This pasta is so simple yet took us right back to Italy! I had all the ingredients in the pantry so it made a perfect snowed in meal - olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and freshly grated parmesan cheese

 3 - SNOW - Roanoke officially got 19 inches since Wednesday afternoon! Check out the top right picture where Josh and I were married - it's so beautiful out here! Unfortunately, my boxers do not like the snow and would only venture into the tire tracks on the driveway. 
 4 - NO TV - call us crazy, but Josh and I have been inspired by my parents and a couple of friends who recently cancelled their accounts. We watch mostly netflix movies so we couldn't justify the expense - or spending the precious free time we have sitting in front of the telly. Here's to spending time outside doing rather than sitting on our butts watching! 

 5 - Frozen Pineapple Wedges 
I am in love with this simple treat! Just plain frozen pineapple satisfies my evening sweet tooth with zero guilt!

 6 - This SHARK VACUUM being shipped to my house after cashing in my 20% online coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond. My old Hoover Linx died, and my friends with dogs pointed me straight to Shark! Happy Valentines Day to me...


How did you spend your snowcation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment