Saturday, February 1, 2014

Paleo Chicken Fajitas


The saying "eat well, feel well" is coming true in our house with our focus on mostly low-carb dinners. It's amazing how energetic and young Josh and I feel! 

The paleo diet or any "diet" plan has never appealed to me, so please do not think I am turning this into a paleo blog. I try to eat real foods, limit portion sizes, eat slowly, and enjoy every bite. I love dark chocolate, red wine, and cheese, and I'm not going to stop or feel guilty about that by putting myself on a special diet. 

With that being said, I have found a few paleo recipes recently that have been delicious! Last week, I made my favorite low-carb recipe (Cauliflower Fried Rice), that I am putting on our weekly menu rotation as it takes a couple of seconds to make the "rice" in my food processor.
I have noticed that these meals are much for fun to photograph, as the vegetables create a rainbow of colors and look beautiful in my Sur La Table dinnerware. 
Paleo Chicken Fajitas

1 pound chicken breast or tenderloin, sliced into strips
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin (may add a little more if you love cumin)
2 avocados, smashed
2 limes (1 for guacamole and 1 for marinade)

Topping: guacamole (make with avocados and 1 lime), fresh salsa, cilantro, and hot sauce


Put the peppers, onion and chicken into a bowl and top with paprika and cumin. Squeeze the juice of one lime and mix together. Marinate for 5 minutes.

Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Add the peppers, onion, and chicken to the pan. Cook for around 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. 

Serve chicken in bowls and top with guacamole, fresh salsa, and cilantro. Serve hot sauce on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment