Sunday, February 16, 2014

the perfect breakfast



Before we get into any deep discussions, here are a few of my very favorite egg toys. If you are an egg lover, may I suggest you add these to your kit? 

1 - RSVP egg spoons
2 - Knorr Aromat seasoning
3 - Egg cups
4 - Rosle manual egg topper (I bought this as a souvenir from Napa and it cracks the 
      perfect ring for dipping eggs.

I've been thinking about my favorite simple meals recently. Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication, right? I immediately thought of my favorite breakfasts - avocado and egg on toast, eggs in a hole, and dipping eggs. If you feed me eggs for breakfast, I promise to skip around all day smiling. Especially if you have my favorite Knorr Aromat seasoning on the side. I love Knorr seasong so much I order it in bulk, keep one at work in my cubby, and have 2 on the table for breakfast (his and hers)!
In case you wonder what I mean by "dipping eggs", it's a comfort meal that my mom made for us growing up. To make dipping eggs, just slice 2 pieces of toast into thin strips, and dip the toast into soft boiled eggs. It's Aaaa-mazing. The Rosle egg cracker above really comes in handy for dipping eggs.
I believe in breakfast after coffee. 
In fact, my number one morning priority is a cup of coffee. Only then am I ready to seize the day, starting with a hearty breakfast.  This simple recipe is just perfect, especially with sprouted Ezekiel bread.
Avocado and Egg on Toast
1 ripe avocado
Salt and pepper, to taste
Juice of half a small lemon
2 large eggs, poached or over-medium
2 slices of bread, toasted (I love Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain)

Scoop out the avocado and mix in a bowl with the juice of half a lemon.  
Spread on toasted slices of bread.
Sprinkle with salt.
Top each piece of toast with an egg, add a little more salt and freshly ground pepper. 

Soft Boiled Eggs (for dipping eggs)
2 eggs (or more, depending on how many you are making)
water

Place eggs in a saucepan large enough to accommodate them in a single layer. Fill the pan with cold water, covering eggs by an inch. Set over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil. Turn off heat, cover, and let stand for 2 minutes. Remove eggs from water. Serve immediately in egg cups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment