Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce


 Folks, I am a pregnant woman on a mission. The very food that I have been craving is one that my husband does not love - salmon. You'd think with his namesake he would like it, but it's just not his favorite. He likes tilapia, grouper, catfish, and tuna, but he has never once ordered salmon at a restaurant the entire time we've been together! You could accuse me of using my pregnancy to my advantage, in which case you would be completely right. Thankfully my husband is a good sport. 
This recipe is from one of my favorite blogs (damn delicious) and I thought with the teriyaki marinade it would remind him of his favorite asian dishes. I'd be lying if I told you that he begged me to make this again, but he did finish the filet and really liked the sriracha cream sauce on top. I made this with roasted broccoli and quinoa, and slathered the sauce over everything. This sauce would be good on just about anything, though hot crispy french fries immediately come to mind. 
If you have a go to salmon recipe that you love, please share it with me! I was thinking of making a grilled Mediterranean salmon with a kalamata olive tapenade next week. 

Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce
from Damn Delicious

1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp honey
2 salmon filets

Sriracha Cream Sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2-3 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk



  1. Make the Sriracha cream sauce and set aside.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. Set aside.
  3. In a saucepan over medium heat, add soy sauce, brown sugar, ground ginger, garlic powder, honey, and one cup water, and bring to a simmer. Stir in cornstarch mixture until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
  4. In a glass bowl, combine teriyaki marinade and salmon filtets. Marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, stirring occasionally. 
  5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a baking dish with nonstick spray. Place salmon filets and marinade onto baking dish and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes. 
  6. Serve immediately with Sriracha cream sauce, and top with sesame seeds and scallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment