Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pizzadillas


I can't begin to explain to y'all how much fun it's been to move into a new house and begin nesting! This week, I've learned about natural rugs and the significant differences between jute, sisal, and seagrass for my dining room. Here is a link to the jute rug I'm pining after.  I applied a coat of Swilley's wood rub to my reclaimed trestle table. I kept my ferns and garden watered, and gave all the rabbits the stink eye to warn them against digging under my garden fence. I'm having a blast, though it's been awhile since I cooked my husband a nice dinner.
When this recipe popped up on my pinterest feed, I knew it was meant to be. We LOVE pizza, and I'm always looking for new healthy or easy variations. Nothing beats real pizza, but I was simply not in the mood to fuss with homemade crust, especially when I have to decide on the perfect shade of gray to paint the nursery! Priorities, friends.

Pizzadillas
6 large (10-12 inch) flour tortillas
Olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Dried oregano or Italian Seasoning
1 jar pizza sauce or marinara, heated

Pizza toppings:
Sliced black olives
Pepperoni
Cooked Italian sausage
Thinly sliced green peppers (cook for 1-2 minutes in the microwave to soften a bit)

Prep all toppings and cheese and have them close-by as the pizzadillas cook quickly and you need to be able to get everything assembled fast. I set everything out by the stove in small ramekins (because they look great on my pretend cooking show).

Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add about a tablespoon of olive oil and swirl pan to coat. Add tortilla to pan. Sprinkle with a little parmesan then a good handful of mozzarella (about a heaping cup). Sprinkle on a little oregano or Italian seasoning. Place desired toppings on cheese.

Lift up one side of the tortilla after about 1-2 minutes to see if it has browned. Once it’s nicely browned and crispy, fold half of the tortilla over onto the other half. Remove from pan and cut into wedges.

Serve with pizza sauce or marinara for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment