Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Old School Fruit Dip


Last weekend we threw my friend Lexi a birthday party that was a complete throw back to the '90's with fruit pizza AND old school fruit dip. We sat outside in the sunshine, drank good summer beer, listened to the Rolling Stones station on pandora, and played games. It was the first time Josh and I had a little party at the new house so the day felt extra special. Nothing beats having your best friends over for an afternoon of fun. 
I've been craving fruit lately and remembered this old favorite from my elementary school years, though honestly I love it just as much now as I ever did. It would be perfect for pool parties, a beach snack, or your next BBQ. For the traditional version, you can use regular cream cheese, though the strawberry is pretty amazing. 
Old School Fruit Dip
1 (8 ounce) package strawberry light cream cheese, softened
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
2 Tbsp orange juice
Serve with strawberries, grapes, bananas, orange slices, and apples.

Using a mixer, blend ingredients until mixed thoroughly. Keep cold prior to serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment