Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Confessions of a Ramen Lover


I keep a stash of oriental flavor ramen soup in my cabinet, always. When we lived in England while I was in high school, since you can't buy it there, I would do the same thing and hoard fat mountain dew AND ramen.  I would save them for good and when I had either one I'd feel like it was Christmas morning. I've kept a secret stash of ramen ever since. My husband loves it too, and his favorite flavor is the chili which can be hard to find.  

When I saw a pin for a spicy ramen with sriracha, I flagged it in my memory, and last night we had an easy dinner which was the perfect time to make this recipe! I used slightly less butter in my version, which you will see below in parentheses. 
Since we're having a full disclosure kind of morning, these noodles were absolutely delicious with the PF Changs beef and broccoli frozen dinner for two. I even poured my noodles over my beef and broccoli and made a big bowl of goodness. 

Creamy Sriracha Ramen
from The Savory
serves 2

1 packet beef-flavored ramen
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature (I used 2 tablespoons)
1 tsp sriracha
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (I sprinkled more on top)
Chopped scallions for garnish
Cook the ramen according to package instructions but do NOT add flavor packet. Once the ramen is cooked, drain it from the water and reserve half of the cooking water. Add half of the flavor packet, 2 tablespoons room temperature butter, 1 teaspoon Sriracha and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes to the noodles. Add in 3-4 tablespoons of the reserved water. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve while hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment