Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year! In honor of the occasion, I am sharing my favorite celebration drink in hopes that there will be lots of reasons for all of us to celebrate in 2014! 
My girlfriends taught me about prosecco in PA school, and I was smitten. I haven't purchased a bottle of my old favorite Mumm Cuvee Napa champagne in years. Prosecco is fruity and I love the peach and pear undertones and can usually buy a great bottle at Kroger for between 10 and 12 dollars. My favorite is the Zonin Prosecco which is easy to find. 

This cocktail is bubbly, classy, the most beautiful pink color, and always promises a fun night. It was our signature wedding cocktail, which is yet another reason it is so special to me. I bought the cheapest Trader Joe's prosecco by the case for our wedding, and it was perfect and a steal at $5 a bottle! 


Kir Royale
Prosecco 
splash of Chambord
3-4 frozen raspberries

Pour prosecco in a champagne glass, top with a splash of chambord and frozen raspberries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment