Thursday, January 30, 2014

Crockpot Beef Curry with Noodles


I recently travelled with my slow cooker down to South Carolina to try this recipe on my parents. The broth is to die for, and it turned out perfectly since my mom had a cough and this soup was warm and spicy. In my family, Thai food is always a big hit, and this was no exception.  

My husband laughed when I threw the slow cooker into the back of my Rav4, but this is just what we do, right? 
Cooking a chuck roast on low for 10 hours in a blend of Asian spices is nothing short of amazing. The meat is tender and flavorful, with the perfect amount of heat.

Crockpot Beef Curry with Noodles
 
3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
3 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp palm or brown sugar
3 Tbsp red curry paste
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 Tbsp ground tumeric
2 cups water
1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
3 Tbsp ground fresh chili paste (optional)
3 packages instant ramen noodles
Cilantro, scallions, and lime wedges for serving
  1. Combine the beef cubes, fish sauce, sugar, curry paste, curry powder, tumeric, and water in a large crockpot. Cook on low for 10 hours.
  2. After 10 hours, stir in the coconut milk and fresh chili paste.
  3. Prepare the ramen noodles according to package instructions.
  4. Serve the beef curry over a bed of ramen noodles with fresh cilantro, scallions, and lime wedges for squeezing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment