Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Almonds


Warning: these almonds are highly addictive. I was picking them up warm off the baking sheet and popping them right in my mouth! The warm almonds and cinnamon flavor took me right back to the Renaissance festivals I went to as a child, with the carts that sold almonds in the clear plastic cones. They are so delicious! 

I am testing recipes for my Christmas baskets, and this is an absolute winner! Josh was sweet enough to take the photos as I was busy working this week, so I cannot take the credit for this one. 

Slow Cooker Cinnamon Almonds
 from Six Sisters website

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1 egg white
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups almonds
1/8 cup water

In a bowl, whisk egg white and vanilla until frothy. Stir in almonds until all are coated with egg white mixture. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add almonds to cinnamon mixture and toss until completely coated.

Spray your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray. Cook almonds on high for 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes. After 2 hours pour water over the almonds and mix very well to make sure there are no clumps. Reduce heat to low and cook for one more hour, still stirring every 20 minutes. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and evenly spread out the almonds to cool and dry on the paper. Store in air tight container until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment