Sunday, November 17, 2013

insight from Gretchen

My mom and I love to quote Gretchen Rubin. We both read The Happiness Project a few years ago, and she is our happiness guru. When we have one of "those" days where negative thoughts take over, Gretchen comes to the rescue! Let me give you a few examples:

 - Outer order contributes to inner calm.

 - The days are long, but the years are short. 

 - Worrying does not change a thing.

 - Most decisions don't require extensive research. (I wish someone could have hammered 
     this into my brain before planning a wedding!)

 - Succeed by failing. 

 - What I do every day matters more than what I do once in a while. 

 - Just because something is fun for someone else doesn't mean it's fun for you- and vice  
     versa. 

This week, I have again been inspired by Gretchen when I logged on to her blog and saw this quote. I actually have a stretch of days off (HOORAY!) and I want to spend my time well, though not in a rushed or hurried fashion. The transition is difficult as most days at work I am on-the-go and sprint around the hospital, but at home this week I want to focus on reading a great book, playing with my macro lens, running, and cooking my husband some tasty meals. Hopefully this quote will help keep me in the right mindset! 

No comments:

Post a Comment