Wednesday, April 16, 2014

a birthday, a big move and a little...

BABY! 
I am just thrilled to share our joy with the world today, on my husband's birthday. Our favorite month in Virginia has always been October - the foliage, the cool crisp evenings, the drives on the blue ridge parkway, and the Octoberfest beers. This year, in early October, we will be adding a little baby to our crew. 

This has been the greatest secret I've ever kept...and the reason I haven't been posting much lately.  The combination of packing and moving along with the constant desire to take little couch naps in between tasks leaves me little time or energy to cook in my new kitchen! 

I've been lucky so far and had no morning sickness, though cutting back on coffee and cutting out wine have not been easy as I'm sure many of you can relate. I'm growing to enjoy my evening hot tea as a way to relax and wind down, and I've recently discovered Martinelli's sparkling apple cider which feels like a party in a glass for special celebrations. 

I surprised Josh with this Red Sox onesie a few days ago, of course I couldn't wait until today because this tiny thing is just too stinking cute.  I melt when I think of him holding a little baby and watching baseball. I promise I'll get back to cooking now that I have the first trimester behind me. I'm patiently waiting for my old energy to return so that I can get to unpacking these boxes and starting on the nursery.

For the boys - if you want to get a big SMILE from your expecting wife, order this hilarious t-shirt. Josh wore it on the day we signed for our house and I couldn't stop smiling.  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Carmen! Your mom's Spartanburg friends will take great delight in sharing this journey with the McLean/Salmon family. Holly

    ReplyDelete