Thursday, June 5, 2014

Emergency Snacks

Let's chat for a minute about pregnancy and an increasing appetite. When I really became scared was when I started waking up at 6am with a growling stomach. Before, morning caffeine was my priority and food happened later.

Oh, how the times have changed. I now eat breakfast NO LATER than 7am, and then by 10am and ready for a snack. Lunch happens around noon and definitely not any later than 1 pm. I usually need an afternoon snack before dinner. I've taken to stocking protein bars in my glove box and purse to stay away from the McDonald's drive-thru, as I'm a sucker for hot salty french fries. 
With this giant appetite of mine, I've now created this emergency snack list so that I'm always prepared when hunger strikes.I've also tried to drink more fluids during the day since it's easy to mistake hunger for thirst.

In this list, my current obsessions are all things Vitalicious (found in the organic section of the store) including their chocolate desserts. I also love the BabyBel cheeses and a crunchy apple.  

  • Mini Babybel Cheese
  • Luna Protein Bars (chocolate peanut butter) and Pure Protein bars
  • Fuji apple with 2 Tbsp peanut or almond butter (barney butter is the best)
  • Dannon Light & Fit greek yogurt in Cherry
  • Sugar-Free Carnation instant breakfast (chocolate flavor) mixed with skim milk
  • Cucumber/celery/nut thin crackers with hummus
  • A small bag of trail mix with almonds/cashews/craisins
  • Vitalicous! (VitaTops) - the banana choco chip is my current obsession
  • Edamame
  • Cottage cheese with blueberries and honey
Please share your favorite healthy snacks with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment