Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Bacon Weave



During pregnancy, I've had to redefine "happy hour"...albeit temporarily. Before, it was the time when I officially decided to relax, slow down, chat with a friend, and sip on a refreshing cocktail. Now, it's just when I decide to do something fun that makes me happy. The best part of my new definition is that happy hour can happen at any time of day and multiple times a day.  Last night my happy hour was when Josh took me to the movie Begin Again which I absolutely loved - great soundtrack, New York City, Adam Levine...go see it! 
Tonight, my happy hour was making us these delicious BLT's for dinner. Because it's such a basic sandwich, the ingredients really shine so I used the very best. I'm talking Dukes full-fat mayonnaise, homemade bread, a good ripe heirloom tomato, and real bacon. I've been patiently waiting for my first juicy tomato to ripen, and this week the stars aligned. I've been baking my bacon for the last few years, but the bacon weave is the ultimate way to get the perfect bacon bite in a sandwich. Trust me - after all I am a pregnant girl who loves good food! 

The Bacon Weave



3 strips bacon (per sandwich)
1 oz whiskey
1 tsp brown sugar
  1. Set oven to 350 degrees, and cut strips of bacon in half (so you have 6 half-strips)
  2. Place bacon in a small bowl and pour whiskey on top. Let sit for 10 minutes, and discard leftover whiskey.
  3. Take your 6 half-strips of bacon, and weave them together on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
  4. Sprinkle brown sugar on top, and bake for 23-28 minutes, or until desired doneness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment