Monday, June 17, 2013

Reese's Nutella Banana Bread



If you're thinking what I'm thinking, then you're wondering how in the world can so many HAPPY words exist in the title of one recipe. Especially considering I left out the words "peanut butter". The combination of peanut butter with bananas and nutella is simply divine. 

I followed by own birthday advice and ate a thick slice of this bread, while sitting at the kitchen table, doing nothing but enjoying all of the flavors. No phone, no book, no TV, just my fork and my smiling face. As I'm typing, I'm reminding myself to slow down and enjoy each moment without hurrying or being constantly distracted. I'll call it the Nutella Rule. Stop and enjoy. 



Reese's Nutella Banana Bread
from backforsecondsblog.com

1 and 1/4 cup flour (all purpose)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla 

TOPPING: 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup Nutella, 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces

  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt
  3. In a mixer, beat together butter, sugar, and bananas. Add eggs and vanilla and mix again. Add the flour mixture and blend until well incorporated. 
  4. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan (bake 45-50 min for standard loaf pan or 20 min for mini loaf pan) or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
  5. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then run a knife around edges and place the loaf of bread on a cooling rack. Cool completely before topping.
  6. Melt the peanut butter and Nutella and stir together. Carefully spoon over the bread and sprinkle with Reese's Pieces. Store covered at room temp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment