This is the only oatmeal raisin cookie recipe I will ever need. It's absolutely perfect, and I have the recipe committed to memory. There are a lot of things I struggle to remember (song lyrics/key and wallet location/birthdays) but this recipe is not one of them. I speak with a proud sense of knowing the "important" things in life, which are often the most simple.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
¾ cup butter (must be room temperature)
½ cup white sugar¾ cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
2 and 2/3 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins (soak in boiling water)
- Preheat oven to 35o degrees
- In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, oats)
- Soak raisins in boiling water until ready to strain into mixture to plump up
- Cream butter and sugars in mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined but do not overmix.
- Strain raisins and add to dough.
- Drop cookie dough onto baking sheet lined with Silpat (or parchment paper) and bake for 10 minutes. Cook on cooling rack.