This recipe was passed to me from my mom, and to her from her best friend Paula. You need to know that Paula is from Texas, and she does not joke around with the words "fire" or "spicy". Paula introduced my mom to Rotel. She invented the word fabulous. There are many variations of a seasoned cracker, and this is the spicy version. Take a prilosec if you have a weak stomach.
I have found that a man will do (almost) anything if you hold up a gallon ziplock bag of these crackers in front of his nose. He will even drive to the gas station for more beer and give you the last cold one. The last cold beer!
from Paula Hamrick
2 bags of oyster crackers
1 and 1/3 cup canola oil
2 Tbsp crushed red pepper
1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- Pour oil into 13x9 or larger rectangular pan and stir in red pepper flakes. Let sit for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees
- Pour crackers into oil mixture and gently stir until crackers are coated with oil
- Slowly sprinkle ranch dressing mix over crackers and stir well
- Cook at 225 for 30 minutes, then allow crackers to cool in the oven