Sunday, August 24, 2014

Greek Cucumber Noodles


Since purchasing my Paderno spiralizer on Amazon and catching crap from my husband for buying yet another kitchen gadget, I'm trying to use it more often. This was the first time I tested it with cucumber, and it made such a fun and pretty salad!
If you like Greek food, this salad has the right combination of kalamata olives, feta, red onion and hummus. I'm sure a little grilled chicken on top and pita on the side would be perfect for a dinner.
I was talking at work a few days ago about my favorite "healthy" kitchen gadgets - ones that encourage me to eat more fruit and veggies. Here are my top 3 - 

1. Tribest persoanal blender - for protein fruit smoothies. This blender makes the perfect individual smoothie and only takes a couple of seconds to rinse out. I like using EAS lean 15 vanilla protein powder, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and a handful of frozen berries.

2.  Paderno spiralizer - for veggie noodles! 

3. Breville compact juicer - anytime  I'm craving a healthy juice I whip this baby out and feel like my life is back in balance, especially after those pizza & pasta dinners or big weekend trips.

Greek Cucumber Noodles
from Two Peas & their Pod
2 seedless English cucumbers
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
4 Tbsp hummus
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Olive oil (optional)

Make the cucumber noodles using a spiralizer (I love my Paderno from Amazon)
Divide the cucumber noodles onto plates. Top with tomatoes, olives, and red onion. In the center of the noodles add a spoonful of hummus. Sprinkle feta cheese over the noodles. Top with a little olive oil (optional) and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment