Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Our Babymoon - a trip to Charlottesville


You may wonder why our babymoon looks more like a pub crawl, though I promise there was plenty of fun for me as well! Josh promised I could take as many photos as I like of him, the scenery, my meals, and the beautiful UVA campus, and boy did I take full advantage! On top of that, I got to world-class pizza and try a new restaurant in Charlottesville. The campus is breathtaking. We stayed at the Inn at Dresden, and it was  located right on campus. I would definitely recommend it to all my friends. The Omni was booked for the night and I stumbled upon the Inn on Expedia which was cozy and quiet.
This trip was a surprise for Josh, I simply told him that I was kidnapping him for the night and on the drive I handed him a sheet before every stop. He totally thought we were going to The Homestead in West Virginia. The brewery sheets had a list of all their draft beers and the restaurants had copies of the menu. It was so much fun for both of us. You see, I'm the planner who loves doing crazy things like this, and he enjoys the surprise and exploring a new place. 
The Babymoon was a reminder that every couple needs an adventure every now and then, and for us this was a break from nursery projects, baby talk and long work weeks. Just a weekend of fun, exploring, and lots of great food! 

The Brew Ridge Trail, Crozet Pizza, and Charlottesville!

Stop 1 - Blue Mountain Brewery 

Stop 2 - Wild Wolf Brewing Company

Stop 3 - Devils Backbone

Stop 4 - Lunch at Crozet Pizza *featured on the Food Network and Nat Geo's "best in the world"* -- pizza lovers paradise!


half "special" and half "harvest pie" with squash and peanuts

Stop 5 - Starr Hill Brewery - located down the street from Crozet Pizza

Stop 6 - check in at our hotel (The Inn at Dresden)

Stop 7 - dinner at The Whiskey Jar (I highly recommend the hushpuppies and sweet potato biscuits appetizer and the fried chicken and collards entree)

We spent Sunday morning walking around the campus, the downtown mall, and had a great brunch at Ace Biscuit & BBQ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment